Serious and political and religious all have their place, but silly and random is good, too. For this first Friday Random, I'm yoinking a meme from Bitch Ph.D. It's a cross between the "25 Things" and "iPod Top Ten" memes, and is more fun than either. Take the list of 25 questions, put your iPod on shuffle, and use the first 25 songs as your answers.
1. What do your friends say about you?
Elis, "Phoenix From The Ashes" --- I guess I never die. Or am constantly reborn through trial or something. Kinda cool, I guess.
2. How would your coworkers describe you?
Lacuna Coil, "When A Dead Man Walks" --- Um. I'm a zombie at work? Or is that my career that's dead?
3. How would you describe yourself?
Three Doors Down, "The Road I'm On" --- Apparently I'm a traveler. Are we going with the title or the lyrics?
4. What do you like in a romantic partner?
Three Doors Down, "Here Without You" --- Despite my blazing hatred for long-distance relationships, having done more than I ever wanted of that, apparently I like my partner to be not where I am.
5. How do you feel today?
Moody Blues, "I Know You're Out There Somewhere" --- Well, that's frighteningly accurate.
6. What is your life’s purpose?
Within Temptation feat. Keith Caputo, "What Have You Done" --- Oh, fuck. Question is, am I supposed to be saying that, or making other people say that?
7. What is your motto?
Theatre of Tragedy, "Senseless" --- I'm a nihilist, I guess.
8. What do you think about the most?
t.A.T.u., "I Lost My Mind" --- Apparently I don't.
9. What are you going to do on your next vacation?
t.A.T.u., "Friend or Foe" --- Hmmm. An active war zone perhaps?
10. What do you think of your first love/date?
Krypteria, "At The Gates of Retribution" --- I'm getting vengeance? Really?
11. What is your life story?
Coldplay, "Shiver" --- Fruitlessly waiting. Fun.
12. What did you do yesterday?
DragonForce, "Through The Fire And Flames" --- I dunno, I didn't think it was that bad.
13. What do you think of when you see the person you like/love?
Delain, "Silhouette of a Dancer" --- LOL. And that's all I'm saying.
14. What describes your wedding? (I'm not married and doubt I ever will...)
Within Temptation, "Angels" --- "No remorse cause I still remember/The smile when you tore me apart" That's a cheery outlook.
15. What will they play at your funeral?
Jewel, "Good Day" --- At least it's not Ding Dong The Witch is Dead...
16. What is your obsession?
System of a Down, "Hypnotize" --- I will hypnotize the world to my will! Or I have a hypnosis fetish. Whichever.
17. What is your biggest fear?
A Perfect Circle, "Judith" --- *huge snork* Um. That's Boyfriend's mom's name. Oops?
18. What is your biggest secret?
t.A.T.u., "Clowns" --- Not the clowns!!!
19. What is your biggest turn-on?
Evanescence, "Snow White Queen" --- Vampire women? A Snow White fetish? I'm starting to worry here.
20. How do you describe your friends?
Amanda Palmer, "Guitar Hero" --- Gamers. Yeah.
21. What would you do with a million dollars?
John Mayer, "Your Body Is A Wonderland" --- Have lots and lots of sex, apparently. Wait. Why do I need a million dollars for that?
22. What is your opinion of sex?
Mylene Farmer, "L'amour N'est Rien" --- Wow...the song, for those who don't speak French, is all about how love is nothing and sex is everything. And the video is a striptease.
23. What is your biggest regret?
Elis, "Betrayal" --- Who have I betrayed and why haven't I told me?
24. What would you rather be doing right now?
The Birthday Massacre, "Science" --- Mmm. Lab goggles, baby.
25. What will you post this list as?
Krypteria, "Somebody Save Me" --- Yes. Please do.
What's your 25 Songs?